I made these chicken and vegetable wraps for lunch today. It’s a great recipe if you’re looking for something low carb or healthy.
Ingredients (enough to make 4 wraps)
- Low carb whole grain flatbread. I find these in the bakery section of the grocery store. Or you can use tortillas.
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (1/4 cup per wrap)
- 1 pound of chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 of a white or red onion, sliced
- 2 shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon of chicken seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash Chicken Grilling Blend)
- Lettuce (or spinach leaves)
- Diced tomato (optional)
- Dijon mustard (or a different condiment of your choosing – ranch, mayo, etc.)
- Poach chicken for ~10 minutes until cooked through. Remove chicken from pot and shred it using two forks. In a warm skillet, toss chicken with chicken seasoning and keep warm while assembling wrap.
- Spread dijon mustard on flatbread. Add peppers and onions, lettuce, cheese, carrot, tomato, and chicken.
- Roll the flatbread tightly and place on a plate. Cut it diagonally and serve with sun chips, fruit, or yogurt.
We really enjoyed these. They are filling and delicious!
I hope you enjoy them too.