A few years ago, my parents gave me a glider chair that they bought in the mid 1980s. The fabric on the cushions is outdated and I really wanted to modernize the chair a bit so it matched the rest of my decor. I was hoping to simply buy new cushions, but I couldn’t find any in the right dimensions. So I decided just to sew new fabric directly on top of the old. That way, I would still have the original cushions and I could restore them to their original glory if I ever wanted to, just by taking off the new fabric on top. Here’s the chair before:
And here it is now:
I chose this fabric because I didn’t want it to look too drastically different. And I also wanted to avoid choosing something that was too loud or busy that I might tire of quickly. In my next post, I’ll show you how I did this (though, I didn’t really go in with a plan, but instead just figured it out as I went).