My husband and I are almost finished with our bedroom makeover, yay! I’m going to share with you what we did, but first, the dreaded “before” picture. Now, I’m actually a little embarrassed to show this to you because nothing matched at all. In our defense, we were still using the curtains and bedding we had from before we were married and living together, which is why it looks like a hodgepodge mess. So, brace yourself.
Now, erase that image from your mind forever.
Here is what it looks like now:
Here’s what we did:
- I made the curtains and posted directions here.
- Bought and hung new curtain rods.
- Husband primed and painted the ceiling.
- I painted the walls “Milkweed Pod” by Behr. Husband calls it “Mildew Pod”.
- Bought new bedding. Plus I made a little pillow from the same fabric as the curtains.
- Hung pictures and added a few decorations.
- Replaced the outlet covers
Here’s what’s left to do:
- Add an area rug
- Get new lamps
- Buy a padded bench and put it in front of the bed.
- Buy and hang 1-2 additional pictures
I am really happy with how it looks. I’m especially pleased with the curtains. I honestly didn’t know how much I’d like them, but I think they turned out great and look good against the wall color. I will keep you updated with any additional changes.