A few years ago I created a meal from a combination of recipes I found online. My husband named it Pasta Delicioso and here’s the recipe!
– 8 ounces penne pasta, dry
– 4 cups broccoli florets
– 2 Tablespoons olive oil
– 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
– 1 small onion, diced
– 2 cups sliced zucchini
– 1/2 cup chicken broth (or 1/4 cup chicken broth and 1/2 cup of whipping cream)
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
– 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped small using scissors
– 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions
2. Add broccoli for the last 2 minutes of cooking pasta
3. Drain well – add back to pot
4. Meanwhile, in wok or large frying pan, add olive oil, garlic, onion and saute for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Now add sliced zucchini and continue to saute for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add chicken broth, oregano, and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute.
7. Reduce head to medium, add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
8. Stir in spinach, cook until spinach is tender, about 2 minutes.
9. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Add pasta and broccoli mixture. Mix well.
11. Spoon pasta mixture on to plate, add mozzarella cheese and serve with bread.
Husband and I recently took a trip to Savannah, Georgia. If you’ve never been, I highly recommend visiting because there’s a ton of history, lots of good food, and it’s within driving distance to the beach. Here are some pictures I took while we were there.
Last weekend my mom and I threw a baby shower for my sister who is expecting her little guy to make an appearance in 4-5 weeks. Here are some pictures of our decorations.
In addition to being excited about the arrival of my nephew, I am excited about the arrival of spring, which we are still waiting on. I’m really missing going out and taking pictures.