My old bedroom at my parents’ house went un-lived in for 10 years and it started to turn in to a storage space. It was painted a greyish lavender after I moved out but my mom thought it make the room look too dark and she was ready to clean the space up and get it ready to use as a guest room. That’s where I come in!
I bought some pictures, made curtains, picked out some paint, and got to work. With the help of my mom, we completely made over the space in 7 hours. Here are the before and after pictures.
My mom painted the picture hanging above the dresser
The paint we used is “Silver Marlin” by Behr and is a light grey color. The curtains are “Suzani Slub Yellow/White” by Premier Prints. There’s no bed yet, but we’ll get one in there soon.
There was a hawk in our yard this weekend. Originally he was super close, but as soon as I took out my camera, he flew to a tree. Here’s the best picture I was able to get:
I also took a picture of these flowers, which isn’t nearly as interesting, but I like how it turned out.
A few years ago I created a meal from a combination of recipes I found online. My husband named it Pasta Delicioso and here’s the recipe!
– 8 ounces penne pasta, dry
– 4 cups broccoli florets
– 2 Tablespoons olive oil
– 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
– 1 small onion, diced
– 2 cups sliced zucchini
– 1/2 cup chicken broth (or 1/4 cup chicken broth and 1/2 cup of whipping cream)
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
– 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped small using scissors
– 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions
2. Add broccoli for the last 2 minutes of cooking pasta
3. Drain well – add back to pot
4. Meanwhile, in wok or large frying pan, add olive oil, garlic, onion and saute for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Now add sliced zucchini and continue to saute for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add chicken broth, oregano, and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute.
7. Reduce head to medium, add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
8. Stir in spinach, cook until spinach is tender, about 2 minutes.
9. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Add pasta and broccoli mixture. Mix well.
11. Spoon pasta mixture on to plate, add mozzarella cheese and serve with bread.